[mythtv-users] Any Asus Aspire Revo Users Out There? SOLVED

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 12:56:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> I've read various postings that suggest *not* using /etc/asound.conf or
> .asoundrc so that's the route I'm planning on going. This seems like another
> level of indirection that will be confusing when I need to troubleshoot this
> host in two years and have forgotten just what the heck I set up.

I've read those same postings, and have been somewhat confused by
them.  But, not being an ALSA expert, it seems to me the most logical
place to say "I want this to be my default output device for this
computer" should be something like /etc/asound.conf.  I just hope that
two years from now, I will continue to think that the most logical
place to look for system wide configuration settings is someplace in
/etc.

I've also read various web pages and postings that say to turn off all
other on-board audio devices in the BIOS.  I can see where that should
have the same effect as setting a default device in /etc/asound.conf
-- if there are no other devices, then the default should be HDMI.  So
that could be an option as well.

Again, I'm glad to hear you got it working.

--wpd