[mythtv-users] Sound with Fedora 12

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 01:37:27 UTC 2009

2009/12/2 Kim Gross <kgross at jensalt.com>:
> I had to reinstall on my main frontend and installed Fedora 12 (was running
> fedora 10).  I got myth installed without any major problems, and figured
> out how to get the Nvidia drivers install, but I still can not get sound
> working in Mythfrontend.  I understand it is an issue with Fedora defaulting
> to pulseaudio, but I can't figure out how to work around this.  Any
> suggestions?

Analog or digital audio?

My Acer Revo 3610 frontend is currently outputting analog audio with a
stock Fedora 12 install. The only changes I remember making were to
change the audio device to ALSA:front, and change the ALSA:default
mixer to control the Master control rather than PCM. I haven't tried
to set up the optical output on this machine, and haven't removed
pulseaudio either.

'aplay -L' and 'aplay -l' will provide details of your configured ALSA
devices. The mythfrontend logfile will provide details which may be
helpful in determining why sound is not working.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott