[mythtv-users] OT: Winter Hill work 2nd December?

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Wed Dec 2 13:21:40 UTC 2009

> FWIW anybody now having problems with signal quality should now look
> at their aerial & distribution setup since the power level of all
> muxes has been boosted tenfold.
>
> Too much gain in any amplification, or using the wrong kind of aerial
> or the wrong sort of combiner/splitter may result in damaging signal
> distortion.

Wonder why I am now seeing so many BER (although picture quality seems
fine). We have new aerial (approx 1yr old), which is correctly aligned.
We are at least 60 miles away from the transmitter in the flatlands of
Cheshire. We have a splitter box (not on the aerial) to divide the
aerial into 4 feeds to our tuner cards. Unfortunately, this doesn't give
any info as to its amplification and it's non adjustable.

Somewhere I have a two way splitter with adjustable gain. I'll try this
out and see if the BER drops.

Ian.