[mythtv-users] Mixing DVB-S and DVB-S2 Cards on the same Sat?

Andrew Stevens wackston at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 2 09:19:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

> Well - I have 3HVR-4000 DVS cards running (Europe) without any problems
> between DVB-S and DVB-S2 !
>
> Since you snippet out everything from earliere questions -its dnot so
> easy to see your problem.
> But I've started out scanning - and the scanner finds both DVB-S and
> DVB-S2 and inserting into MythTV!

The details were in the first post of the thread.  However, for some
reason the email I responded yo (from Richard Morton) didn't make it to
the list so it reads a bit weird.

Text (long) below.

Anyway the basic point was not that DVB-S2 cards don't work right. They
work fine. The problem is that a *combination* of DVB-S and DVB-S2 cards
is hard to configure to work fine.

So far all experimentation has been able to achieve is:

-A 'single video source setup' where, unfortunately, MythTV attempts to
use DVB-S tuners to tune DVB-S2 channels (I'd call this flat out a Bug
if there's no way around it).

- A 'two video source setup' where you have DVB-S channels appearing
twice. Once as a DVB-S source channels and a second time as DVB-S2
channels.   In this configuration scheduling has weirdnesses.

My current work-around is that I have the DVB-S cards assigned the 28E
Satellite dish (no DVB-S2 channels I want, for now) and the DVB-S2
channels 19E (where there ARE some DVB-S2 channels I want).

cheers,

	Andrew