[mythtv-users] Listing of recordings past

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 22:43:52 UTC 2009

On 24/04/2009, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had to rebuild my dB, so I started from scratch. Now I have a
>  working BE, yet I have recordings *in my recordings directory) that
>  don't show up in MythTV's Recording listings. Of course this would be
>  the case because the dB is new.
>
>  However,  I thought there was a way to get these orphans listed in the
>  Recordings list. But, I can't find this procedure anywhere. Anyone
>  have a pointer?

Is 0xDEADBEEF OK?

In older versions of MythTV (certainly pre storage groups, although
they may well still work for latest 0.21-fixes) one could use the
myth.find_orphans.pl and/or myth.rebuilddatabase.pl scripts in
contrib/ to recreate the missing entries in the recorded table for
files on disk (and vice versa).

If using the script(s), do a run-through using the test option so that
no changes are made but you are shown what will be done. It's also
worth making a backup of the DB prior to running these scripts "just
in case".

Nick

--
Nick Morrott