[mythtv-users] surround sound to stereo output?

Paul Gallaway pgallaway at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 16:13:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Josh White <jaw1959 at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]...
> I use this
> machine 99% of the time as a myth frontend, but I occasionally play some
> games and/or music from outside of Myth, and I'd prefer a solution that
> would be universal, not specific to myth.
[snip]

I believe you are correct, it does sound as though you are stuck in a
multi channel mode. If you haven't already, try launching alsamixer
from a terminal and see if there is a 'stereo' or '5.1' or '7.1'
option that you can toggle. The front L+R channels would normally be
the same channels used for stereo mode so you shouldn't need to move
your plug. Report back if this is your fix.
--
~pAul.

        all good things. all in good time.