[mythtv-users] AV-Sync problem

David Wong david.wong at marvel.com.hk
Mon Apr 20 11:53:14 UTC 2009

----- "Daniel Kristjansson" <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 17:20 +0800, David Wong wrote:
> > Thanks. But removing pulseaudio has no improvement.
> >
> > I have upload a clip to
> > http://www.sendspace.com/file/td5x5p
> >
> > 2 minutes long. The problem exist both on Live TV and Watch
> Recordings.
>
> Konichiwa! Sound is in sync here, at least with svn trunk.
>
> -- Daniel

Oh, I found svn trunk could play recorded video on that problematic channel.
But there is problem when playing Live TV on that channel.
Audio is ok and no underrun, but video is weird. It seems some video frames display at wrong time / wrong order.

and the warning message is funny.
"Audio xxx ms behind video but already 100 video frames queued. AV-Sync might be broken."
where xxx in negative value some time. Overall xxx is < 150ms.

On the other hand, I got quite some problems on svn trunk.
OSD is not working properly, channel number and text displaying lock/signal status are missing.
but OSD menu can be show.
Getting out from EPG, the video goes blank.
Exiting frontend found 1-2 thread could not exit.
It would be very nice if this vdpau work and av-sync back port to 0.21 stable branch...

David