[mythtv-users] Problem with new frontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 19 20:07:32 UTC 2009

On 04/19/2009 09:00 AM, Harry Devine wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 04/19/2009 12:13 AM, Harry Devine wrote:
>>> I just installed a spare PC I put together as a new frontend and I'm
>>> having some trouble.
>>> ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 8463, errno 32
>>> and 3) why would some of the required directories be there (i.e. "no
>>> such file or directory") on a pre-packaged distro?
>> mythfrontend -O Theme=blue
>>
>> then go to appearance and change the Theme

Best guess after seeing your log files:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=610856 , specifically
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=3775541 --but basically, it's not
Myth.  (Make sure you restart X after doing so.)

Once you fix it, though, make sure you do as mentioned for the theme so
you can set a working/installed theme.

Mike