[mythtv-users] QAM channel numbering

Jeff Thurston jthurston at skyline-ats.com
Sun Apr 19 06:35:29 UTC 2009

Ok, so I've been working with my PVR-1250 and an HDHR for a couple of
days now. (Comcast)
My problem is that my TV built-in QAM tuner gets channels just fine,
for example
- FoodNetwork in digital on my TV is 78-4 which until very recently
Silicondust's website channel listing agreed with
- now there is something wrong with their listings but that's another
issue. I hope. I've repeated channels scans on the TV several times
and no change.

Anyway, when scanning for channels (Cable high, QAM256) in Myth using
either the 1250 or HDHR,
1) If I exclude encrypted channels, I get pretty much nothing but 10
or so QAM channels. Shopping, CSPAN, local HD.
2) If I INCLUDE encrypted channels, I get MUCH more, and they for the
most part are clear, some cause problems of course because they
probably are encrypted.
3) My numbering for QAM channels is wrong(?), again, FoodNetwork for
example in Myth is 78-0. TV finds it at 78-4 though.

What's going on here, is this normal? I would have thought the channel
scan in Myth would at least yield the same results of my built-in QAM
tuner of my TV.