[mythtv-users] HDhomerun QAM scan works from command line but fails from mythtv-setup?

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 02:32:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> Have you made sure both tuners are working properly? Use
> hdhomerun_config and do the scans against both tuner0 and tuner1.
> Perhaps myth is using the opposite tuner than you scanned with, and
> there could be either a hardware or a wiring problem with that other
> tuner. Also, have you provided a device identifier in the setup
> screen?
> --
> Ron

Thanks for the ideas.  Looks like I was scanning on the wrong
HDhomerun in mythtv-setup.  I have two HDHR's and only one tuner on
one HDhomerun is connected to the cable signal (the others are on an
antenna).  The order that 'hdhomerun_config discover" listed them was
the opposite order I configured them in mythtv-setup.  Pretty stupid
mistake.  :-)