[mythtv-users] mythbackend in restart loop

Bob Cunningham FlyMyPG at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 22:54:50 UTC 2009

My new MythTV system is giving me fits.  I'm a long time Linux user, but a new MythTV user.  I'm also an original ReplayTV owner, and am trying to get a new system in place before my ancient ReplayTV box dies.

First, I did a slipstream upgrade of my existing FC10 system to the current MythDora release.  I then installed a pair of pcHDTV HD-5500 cards, and immediately had problems getting them correctly configured.  Initially, QAM ATSC worked, but QAM NTSC did not (though it was fine via tvtime).  The folks at pcHDTV devoted lots of time over the past month to addressing my issues.

Just when the all configuration issues seemed to be nearly resolved, my mythbackend service has gone completely insane, terminating and restarting every second or so.

I've started a thread on the MythDora forum (http://www.mythdora.com/?q=node/4689) on this topic.

Would anyone care to take a look, and help me restore my system to sanity?

TIA,

-BobC