[mythtv-users] myth.find_orphans.pl , why did I ? sob....

Paul thannet at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:34:22 UTC 2009

Whilst trying to resolve a complete slowdown after a powercut, and
assuming the database had corrupt I ran the following, now I thought I
had the syntax right, but it seems not. I have now stacks of storage as
all my recording have gone, nothing too important, as marriage did not
suit me anyway (sic)

Currently trying to recover the recording from the XFS filesystem, guess
who also did not have a database backup ?

sudo ./orphaned_files.pl --pass=mwpnycvz --dir=/media/data/mythtv/
--dodbdelete

and then:

sudo ./orphaned_files.pl --pass=mwpnycvz --dir=/media/data/mythtv/
--dodelete

If I am completely nailed, then perhaps it was about time I had a
cleanout, is there are doc anywhere on recreating the myth database, or
is it simply a case of dropping it my PhpMyadmin ?

Paul. (the idiot)