[mythtv-users] HDTV mpeg2 ts stream issue with external AC3 decoding

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 07:04:46 UTC 2009

This may or may not solve your problem, but try running this on one of
your recordings and see if it fixes the problem:

mythtranscode --mpeg2 --buildindex --allkeys --showprogress --infile <filepath>

I have no basis or rationale as to why this would help... but I had
stuttering problems when I first starting capturing from firewire.  If
I sent my audio to spdif or disabled audio output altogether, the
video image would be smooth, but I couldn't hear anything because I
didn't have a spdif output device.  Since this removed my stuttering
playback problems I thought my stuttering problem was audio-related.