[mythtv-users] USB extenders

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Sep 24 15:39:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, September 24, 2008 7:51 am, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>
>> Is anyone using something like this to connect a remote, keyboard, and
>> DVD player to their myth frontend?
>>
>> http://reviews.cnet.com/hubs/vigor-vad-1140-usb/4505-3335_7-31897252.html
>>
>> I am working on a remote (50' +/-) installation and this would sure be
>> nice if I can run a DVD player through it,
>

> I'm using something similar to this (got it from newegg) for my Vista
> media
> center PC in order to do things like Netflix Watch Now side by side with
> MythTV since the MC PC is my desktop in the basement.  It works fine for
> the
> USB IR remote for the machine but I haven't tried hooking up a DVD drive
> it but I don't see why it would be an issue for non-USB powered equipment.

Bandwidth.... The extenders are usb 1.1.  I'd like to run DVD + sound +
remote + keyboard/mouse through it.  I don't know if the bandwidth would
allow it.

I now rip DVDs through a usb 1.1 hub so at least for ripping it works, but
I don't know about playback + sound.

--Yan

--
  o__

As long as nobody gets hurt, a decent explosion livens up any experiment.