[mythtv-users] USB extenders

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 14:51:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:

> Is anyone using something like this to connect a remote, keyboard, and
> DVD player to their myth frontend?
>
> http://reviews.cnet.com/hubs/vigor-vad-1140-usb/4505-3335_7-31897252.html
>
> I am working on a remote (50' +/-) installation and this would sure be
> nice if I can run a DVD player through it,

I'm using something similar to this (got it from newegg) for my Vista media
center PC in order to do things like Netflix Watch Now side by side with
MythTV since the MC PC is my desktop in the basement.  It works fine for the
USB IR remote for the machine but I haven't tried hooking up a DVD drive to
it but I don't see why it would be an issue for non-USB powered equipment.

Kevin