[mythtv-users] XBMC cross platform beta1

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 19:44:18 UTC 2008

2008/9/18 Ryan <wyild1 at gmail.com>:
> I have been using XBMC on my xbox for a long time, and ya the mythtv feature
> does have a few stuttering problems.  The liveTV portion has been working
> great, but watching it for a lone time does cause stuttering like once every
> 20 min or so, but its tolerable (least for me hehe).  Recordings play great,
> but NUV transcoded recordings seem to have an issue (least for me.  I dont
> have that problem much because im using a DVB-S card in my mythbackend).
> One thing that is missing from it is commercial skip and a better EPG.  Once
> those features are in , i belive it could replace my xebian frontend!

After XBMC Atlantis goes gold (expected October), they will be merging
in the GSoC code for EPGs, which works OOTB for Myth, and may work for
others when suitable plugins are made. Unfortunately, as XBMC is in
"Feature Freeze" 'til Atlantis is released, the EPG codebase missed
the deadline.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston