[mythtv-users] XBMC cross platform beta1

Ryan wyild1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 19:01:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/9/18 Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com>:
> > I just updated my Xbox to the latest T3CH XBMC the other night and it
> seems
> > that mythtv:// playback is hit or miss. It will play back some of the
> > non-transcoded shows but anything transcoded just kicks back to the
> > myth library. Same thing for live tv. I haven't troubleshot anything yet
> so
> > I don't know where the issue lies. I also haven't tried the alpha on my
> > Mythbuntu machine yet.
>
> What format are you using to record in/transcode to?
>
> I'm using a pair of PVR-250s and have no problems whatsoever.
>
> As you're using the XBox version, you could try using MPlayer (Rather
> than the default DVDPlayer):
>
> Choose a recording,
> Press "Title" (XBox remote) or "White" (XBox pad)
> Move down to "Play Using..."
> Choose "MPlayer"
>
> It could be a bug that their hand-written DVDPlayer core (From FFMpeg)
> isn't decoding your transcoded format properly.
>
> I haven't tried LiveTV, however. I never use it anyway.
> --
> Robert "Anaerin" Johnston

I have been using XBMC on my xbox for a long time, and ya the mythtv feature
does have a few stuttering problems.  The liveTV portion has been working
great, but watching it for a lone time does cause stuttering like once every
20 min or so, but its tolerable (least for me hehe).  Recordings play great,
but NUV transcoded recordings seem to have an issue (least for me.  I dont
have that problem much because im using a DVB-S card in my mythbackend).
One thing that is missing from it is commercial skip and a better EPG.  Once
those features are in , i belive it could replace my xebian frontend!

Cheers!

--
Christianity: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live
forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that