[mythtv-users] ivtv packages for Fedora 9

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Sep 18 01:03:51 UTC 2008

[Some housekeeping after upgrading to Fedora 9 and MythTV 0.21 (from F9 and

I understand that Fedora 9 has a kernel (2.6.26) that has ivtv support built
in. Does this allow me to remove my old Fedora 7 ivtv packages?

This is what I have now:

  [1002] mythtv # rpm -qa | grep ivtv

If I do

  [1001] mythtv # rpm -e ivtv-1.0.2-134.fc7.i386
         ivtv-kmdl- --test

RPM doesn't complain about dependencies, but does removing these old packages
hose my setup?

If I try to update ivtv from atrpms (where I got MythTV)

  [1003] mythtv # yum --enablerepo atrpms update ivtv*

I get a python traceback.