[mythtv-users] pcHDTV analog on 0.21 ?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Sep 16 16:10:23 UTC 2008

On Sep 16, 2008, at 8:25 AM, Kevin Bailey wrote:

> That's what I was talking about. I fail to see the security lost
> if the distro would simply set it up so that the mythtv user
> (and only that user) can log-in with a random password that only the
> installer has seen (or heck, maybe he hasn't even seen).

You lost me again. Ubuntu doesn't set up a mythtv user. I'm running
Ubuntu and have only one user account - the one I created. If you're
talking about Mythbuntu, there is an option for allowing remote mysql
connections (which warns you about relaxing the security when doing
this) which seemed to work ok the one time I ran Mythbuntu (which I've
since ditched for other reasons).

-Brad