[mythtv-users] Playing Myth content from Symbian phone? eg Nokia N95

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Mon Sep 15 09:35:15 UTC 2008

2008/9/14 Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com>:
> My Son recently got a Nokia N95 8gb running symbian OS. I was
> surprised to see out mythtv box appear in its list
> of network media devices via our wifi network.
>
> It's possible to browse all the recordings, music and videos from the
> handset, however when attempting to play the
> content nothing happens.
> Does anybody know if it is possible? I'm assuming a codec is not
> available on the handset to play the videos but even
> the music does not appear to play, so maybe there is something else missing?
>
> As you can imagine it would be really cool and geeky to be able to do
> this kind of thing. Seems its part way there already!

I've had raw video from my mythbox play on my N95, but not using the
stock player. I think its Core Player or something in its ilk (I dont
have my N95 with me at the moment).

I've never used UPnP video, I just transcode my video then rsync over
to the phone. Set the phone to always show as a storage device and
you'll get access to the extended storage (D:).

For reference, heres my script for encoding the video:
http://idx.tensixtyone.com/project/n95exportsh/

--
Andrew Williams / Nik_Doof
w: http://tensixtyone.com/