[mythtv-users] Is it going to get harder and harder to get the content we want in MythTV?

Kyle Walker kylehwalker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 19:05:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 1:43 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 09/12/2008 02:23 PM, jedi wrote:

The inability to watch HD cable sports is making me use my mythbox
less and less.  Internet distribution is fine, but I do no see anyone
offering 10mbit streams of live college football games, much less in a
format that I can decode in linux.  I had to get a dvr from the cable
company just for sports because I am addicted to pause and rewind.  My
myth box has been demoting to recording the couple shows I watch that
are on clear qam.

I set up an HDPVR for a while but it was such an inconvenient hack job
that I took it back to the store.  I considered getting a TiVo because
the DVR from time warner has an interface from about 1998.  Why on
earth is my cable box that is decoding a high resolution stream use an
interface that looks like it has a resolution lower than my cell
phone?  Anyway, TiVo is out of the question because Austin is a time
warner switched video test market, so only 6 of our 40 or so cable HD
station are available to a cablecard.

It is an absurd situation and I do not see it getting any better.