[mythtv-users] /GetPlaybackURL/UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 14:45:37 UTC 2008

On 10/09/2008, Brian C. Huffman <bhuffman at graze.net> wrote:
> "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > On 09/09/2008 09:37 PM, Brian C. Huffman wrote:
>  > > Ive searched google and read the mailing list archives and everyone
>  > > says this is a problem with my storage groups.
>  > >
>  > > However, Ive gone into mythtvsetup and my Default storage group
>  > > contains the correct directory.  So what gives?
>  > >
>  > > 2008-09-09 20:40:02.787 Expiring 2274 MBytes for 1101 @ Fri Aug 22
>  > > 20:00:00 2008 => XXIX Summer Olympics "Track & Field, Diving"
>  > > 2008-09-09 20:40:02.791 ERROR when trying to delete file:
>  > >
>  /GetPlaybackURL/UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE/ON/xyz.xyz.net/1101_20080822
>
> > > 20 5419.mpg. File doesn't exist.  Database metadata will not be
>
> > > removed.
>  >
>  > Did you move the file from one host to another?  Is your NFS mount
>  missing?
>

> Mmmm....I didn't move it to another host per se.  OS and DB are same.
>  Just upgraded hardware components.  And then I upgraded to the latest
>  SVN of 21.1.
>
>  The NFS mount is there.  Hmmm....now that I look, the file *isn't*
>  there.  So perhaps I need to manually remove the metadata?
>
>  If that's the problem, I'd say the error message is a little misleading
>  though.  A bit of a red herring...

The error message states "File doesn't exist.". It would appear to be
100% correct in this case.

If a file is not available (and it's not due to a mount being
temporarily offline as can sometimes happen), and you want to remove
the file's metadata, you can do this on from the 'Delete' menu option
when the entry is selected on the Watch Recordings screen. If
mythfrontend cannot find the file, it will offer to remove the
metadata for you.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: