[mythtv-users] Trying to recreate my previous myth backend on new distro

Edmund edmund.1 at dial.pipex.com
Wed Sep 10 14:21:56 UTC 2008

I have been running mythtv .21 backend on a Debian box with backports to
2.6.24 (AMD64) and occasionally  mythtv-backend  segfaults.

I have decided  to switch  to  Ubuntu  8.04 server (64 bit).

So I have installed Ubuntu and Mysql and Mythtv and all seems fine. Then
I dropped the mythconverg database and did:-

mysql -u root -p mythconverg < mythtv_backup.sql

I cannot get any front end to find it. Can anyone suggest anything else
that I can try?

I still have my Debian hard drive.