[mythtv-users] MythBrowser and Real Player

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Sep 7 21:40:22 UTC 2008

Robin Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use MythBrowser to get to some BBC Radio 4 broadcasts that
> use the BBC iPlayer (which is just real player as far as I can tell).
>
> When I go to the page, I can click on the "Listen" link and it brings
> up a new window with "To play SHOW please first install Real Player."
> But I have Real Player installed (at least it works in Firefox). Can I
> get Real Player recognized in MythBrowser such that it will work? Or
> am I missing something config-wise...
>
> Thanks
>
> Robin

I thought that MythBrowser was based on Konqueror - maybe if you can get
RealPlayer to work in Konq then it will work in Myth.

I've never tried it mind you, but a quick google of "mythbrowser
konqueror plugins" seems to imply this is how you get flash to work.
Maybe the same will be true for RP.

Robert.