[mythtv-users] MythBrowser and Real Player

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 21:32:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Robin Smith <1canuck2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I want to use MythBrowser to get to some BBC Radio 4 broadcasts that
> >> use the BBC iPlayer (which is just real player as far as I can tell).
> >>
> >> When I go to the page, I can click on the "Listen" link and it brings
> >> up a new window with "To play SHOW please first install Real Player."
> >> But I have Real Player installed (at least it works in Firefox). Can I
> >> get Real Player recognized in MythBrowser such that it will work? Or
> >> am I missing something config-wise...
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Robin
> >
> > Mythbrowser isn't your normal browser and cannot have real player
> installed.
> >  I went nuts chasing that one.  I ended up editing the main menu to
> launch
> > firefox but did it in the wrong place so it got lost in an update.  Now I
> > just CTRL-F2 and start Firefox.
> > Allen
>
> MythStream does not show up in the OpenSuse Packman repo :(
>
> I thought I could switch MythBrowser to use FireFox but it doesn't
> seem to work. I am trying to get it working from within MythTV without
> having to switch out.
>
> I'll go hunt for Firefox 3 integration with Myth

What I did allowed the launching of Firefox from within Myth but once
Firefox started, you were clearly not in myth any more in that the remote
did nothing and the sound went to analog instead of passthrough and stuff
like that.  That is why I have not bothered to reinstall it.  I just use the
second desktop.

Allen