[mythtv-users] hauppauge pvrusb2 problem

Bent Lykkebo linux at bent-lykkebo.dk
Sat Sep 6 17:24:26 UTC 2008

> Dear all,
>
> I recently made a first-time trial with my exteral Hauppauge WinTV PVR
> USB2 on my ubuntu hardy. It kinda worked. Now I am trying to make it
> work on windows but no signal. I reinstalled all the Hauppauge software
> and win drivers but to no avail. Can it be that the linux firmware has
> been replaced by the windows firmware? Do I have to upload the original
> firmware or smth? If so, anyone knowing how to do it? Could find no info
> on the Hauppauge website about firmware updates and all.
>
> any ideas?
> thanks a lot from advance for your kindly help
> Servet

I think you have the problem, that Linux loads a firmware which are
incompatible with your Windows driver. Try to turn off the Hauppauge
before boot into Windows. I'm using both Ubuntu (pvrusb2) and Windows XP
with my device, but have to restart it when going from Ubuntu to Windows
XP, from Windows to Ubuntu - no problem because pvrusb2 re-load the
firmware. The firmware does not replace or are saved in the device -
both Windows and pvrusb2 load the firmware when starting. When I
disconnect it, turn it off and on and then connect it with running
Windows XP, I get 3 audio messages, 1) for USB connect, 2) for Windows
driver load firmware and 3) for device ready to go (firmware is loaded
and device ready).

Hope this help
Bent