[mythtv-users] Planning to upgrade system from Fedora 6 to Fedora 9

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Sat Sep 6 16:26:21 UTC 2008

On 09/06/2008 09:15:22 AM, Vijay Gill wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My system has been running very very stable since the days of FC6.
> MythTV running on it is 0.20.2 and capture card is PVR 150. Many a
> times I thought of upgrading it but the stability of the system
> stopped me from doing so. But now I just want to know if people out
> there are using FC9 and if it is working well for them with PVR 150
> driver along with latest version of MythTV.

Why? Seriously, if it ain't bust, don't fix it.

If you do decide to move to Fedora 9, don't try to update. Do a clean
install. As F9 has been out for a while there are many updates so once
you've installed, be prepared to do a lot of updates. As the Fedora
team is in the process of re-releasing with a new signature, it would
be sensible to wait for a re-spin with the new sig.