[mythtv-users] Planning to upgrade system from Fedora 6 to Fedora 9

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Sat Sep 6 16:32:00 UTC 2008

Geoffrey Leach wrote:

> Why? Seriously, if it ain't bust, don't fix it.

One reason would be to get a newer version of MythTV.  FC6 is EOL (by a
while) and AFAIK, there's no updated myth packages beyond 0.20.2.

> If you do decide to move to Fedora 9, don't try to update. Do a clean
> install. As F9 has been out for a while there are many updates so
> once you've installed, be prepared to do a lot of updates. As the
> Fedora team is in the process of re-releasing with a new signature,
> it would be sensible to wait for a re-spin with the new sig.

I agree.  A lot of changes in the way FC handled disks from FC6 to FC7 and
then even more changes from FC7 to FC8.  It'd be best to just do a fresh
install.

Brian