[mythtv-users] Motherboards: help me understand my choices

Sixten Otto himself+myth at sfko.com
Wed Sep 3 05:47:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 9:39 PM, BP <lists at qucae.com> wrote:
> I'd recommend just going with a
> cheap Nvidia card for now and maybe pull it later once the Intel
> graphics support improves if being "free" is important to you.

To be clear: it's much less about being free in my case than about
trying to simplify things with fewer discrete parts (hardware and
software), and keeping heat and power down.

The G45 platform seems like it should be perfect for that (as does the
AMD 780G platform), but my concern is that immature driver support
would actually make the "more complicated" setup actually work better
in practice.

Sixten