[mythtv-users] Motherboards: help me understand my choices

BP lists at qucae.com
Wed Sep 3 04:39:31 UTC 2008

Sixten Otto wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with that chipset yet, or have strong
> reasons why I'd want to stick to something older (like the G31, or P35
> + discrete graphics)?
>
> Sixten

My desktop uses the G35. The released drivers are still complete crap.
I had to compile from git head to have reliable, working video.  It's
still not something I would use for my dedicated front-end (video is a
bit jerky and uses way too much cpu).  I would assume the G45 would have
similar support issues being so new.  Other than the graphics, the intel
chipset is very stable under Linux.  I'd recommend just going with a
cheap Nvidia card for now and maybe pull it later once the Intel
graphics support improves if being "free" is important to you.