[mythtv-users] Can this be done, if yes, HOW ?

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Fri Oct 31 08:50:41 UTC 2008

Robert Moss wrote:
> As I understand it, you want to ssh in and play a file on your
> mythbackend server, but you want to select the file via SSH instead of
> the menus?
Not instead of the menus, I now have a little script which has the name
of the backend
-----
#!/bin/sh
ssh `basename $0` $*
-----
it accepts a command which is mythfrontend. I have ssh keys and
therefore I can login passwordless.
'server mythfrontend'
gives me mythfrontend on any X capable client. I can browse the menu
perfectly in recordings I can watch the 'preview' everything is fine.
But as mentioned by several people you can't get the uncompressed data
to your client this way.
A wanted option would be that instead of playing on the backend and
forwarding to the client, the file would be played on the clients
mplayer/xine/vlc or whatever.

An option like redirecting the output to a PVR-350, but then to the
clients-mediaplayer