[mythtv-users] Wireless N USB Adapters

Jurgen Kramer gtmkramer at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 29 18:37:35 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 10:37 -0400, Rick P wrote:
> [...]
You should be able to use ralink based wireless N usb adapters using
their opensource driver (so no ndiswrapper needed). I tried it with a
cheapo (EUR 11) RT2870 based one. Although a had a fairly decent
65Mbit/s connection I was not able to play HD recordings (h.264, 1080p)
from my server over NFS. So for now a stick with a cable :)

BTW this is with MythDora 5 (Fedora 8 based).

Jurgen

Opensource ralink drivers:
http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Linux.html