[mythtv-users] Wireless N USB Adapters

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Wed Oct 29 13:24:38 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Rick P <rickp at blowphish.net> wrote:
> Anyone have success with utilizing a wireless N USB adapter?  Fedora
> support? Streaming ok?
>
> http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=372137

You need to find out what IC the adapter is based upon, and then
verify what version (if any) of the kernel you need to support that
device.

Here is a search using the Belkin part number:
http://www.google.com/search?q=F5D8053+chipset
Looking around a bit, we find the chipset is rt2870sta, and the first
hit is a thread where someone reports success with using the device
via ndiswrapper and the windows drivers.
Additionally, http://www.google.com/search?q=F5D8053+linux brings up
step-by-step instructions on a blog about using a native(!) ralink
driver with ndiswrapper:
http://blog.delgurth.com/2008/08/17/followup-on-the-belkin-f5d8053-and-ubuntu/

Of course, most of the above results are Ubuntu-centric, so you'll
have to dig a little deeper.  I have no idea about ndiswrapper on
Fedora.  Google really is your friend.

   Marc