[mythtv-users] [mythtv] CC benchmarks and procedure list ? Was: how would one speed up the channel changing in mythtv ?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Oct 23 19:29:40 UTC 2008

On Oct 23, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Linuxguy123 wrote:

> Live content and short attention spans !   Last night we watched the
> election commentary on CNN, Fox, MSNBC and CSpan all at once.  It was
> great.  We did PVR some of it as well.
>
> Its not like the EPG on those shows tells you who the guests will be
> and
> when they will appear.

That's when I flip to one, hit Record, flip to the next (after 5
seconds) hit Record, flip to the next (wait 5 seconds) hit Record and
then go do something else. When they're done, I come back and don't
have to miss anything.

> Channel surfing and live TV still have their place.

Not in my house. Not with 6 tuners and 2.5TB of storage, anyway.

Quite honestly, I've spent more time reading this thread than the time
I've invested into waiting for channels to change in the 3 years I've
used MythTV.

-Brad