[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu: manual transcode fails (exit 255)?

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Thu Oct 23 07:06:12 UTC 2008

Kingsley Turner wrote:
> I have a reasonably-vanilla Mythbuntu install, and after only a few
> short weeks I've filled the HDD.
>
> So I deleted some stuff, and queued more stuff up for transcoding (via
> the web control panel).
>
> But *all* the transcoding jobs failed
I found 18 month old post on this list which solved the problem.

You need to set the transcoding configuration, it does not have a
default (IMMHO it really should, please), so the transcode breaks.   The
critical hint is the bit in the log that says:

    "Please ensure that the recording profiles for the transcoder are set"

I can't remember where in the setup I found them, but they're in the
settings somewhere.

Do I need to re-queue all the failed jobs?
Or will they restart themselves?

cheers,
MythNoob