[mythtv-users] Low profile PCI tuners, audio

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 01:16:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Lindsay Mathieson <
lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Jeremy Sullivan wrote:
> >
> > I'm considering the purchase of a slim PC for MyTV that only accepts
> > low profile PCI cards.  Is it very difficult to find low profile PCI
> > sound and tuner cards with good Linux and MythTV support?
> >

> Any new motherboard will have good built-in sound, if you pick and
> choose you can get 5.1 analog or S/PDIF

I've had a horrible time finding onboard audio that has *optical* SPDIF as
well as the included headers to use it.  Lots say SPDIF and 5.1 and 7.1 and
all that but lack the actual ports to use it and maybe even decent drivers
to go with.  I've had far more luck (frontend wise) using PCI audio based on
the chipset used in the Turtle Beach Rivera.

Kevin