[mythtv-users] [mythtv] CC benchmarks and procedure list ? Was: how would one speed up the channel changing in mythtv ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 22 21:41:28 UTC 2008

On 10/21/2008 05:11 PM, Johan Heikkilä wrote:
> Interesting discussion. I avoid LiveTV in mythtv because of the following:
>
> - channel changes take 5 - 8 seconds between channels within the same multiplex
> - channel changes take 8 - 12 seconds between channels in different multiplexes
> - sometimes difficulty to tune to a channel, i.e. no lock (not
> consistent behavior)

I avoid LiveTV (a.k.a. Waste-Your-LifeTV) in MythTV because of the
following:

 - I have better things to do with my time, like watch shows that I'm
actually interested in watching (i.e. the ones I told Myth to record) on
/my/ schedule or write code for Myth or--in a pinch--something that has
nothing to do with TV

Mike