[mythtv-users] DVB-S performance

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Wed Oct 22 15:43:03 UTC 2008

Hey Guys.

I've just bought an Hauppauge HVR-4000 - and installed it in my MythTV
Solution.
But ain't satified with the picture ????
It's not shinny clear allthough is an OK picture.
But there's a really difference between this pictuce and the one on my
Dreambox500.
Is there any way to tune the performance - getting a better picture.

I mean this card Runs on a P4 3.2 Hyperthread CPU - and the one in my DB
is a 300mhz.
If its the MPEG chip in the tunercard - which card gives the best
performance - carse in the long run I guess I'll be tired of this picture!
Should under all circunstances be better picture - perhaps just as good
as the DB500.
Can I tune it up some where - or should I just buy a new card instead!