[mythtv-users] [mythtv] CC benchmarks and procedure list ? Was: how would one speed up the channel changing in mythtv ?

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 18:02:52 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:

>  Thats the thing. I did nothing, at least not on purpose, to cause it. It
> just is. I've done > 30 myth installs for myself and others, and all
> have similar change times. (All Slackware, but over the  years a variety
> of versions). The closest I've ever seen was a problem with the TTF library
> which one user upgraded.  Downgrading to the one delivered with slackware
> cleared his problem right back up.

That's interesting... I also have 1--2 second channel change times
with my PVR250 cards. I haven't done anything to try to tune the speed
(I almost never use LiveTV, but when I do I find it pretty usable). I
am also running Slackware. I highly doubt it's related to
distribution, just thought that similarity was interesting. :)

My system is 4+ years old, still the original install (with only
essential stuff upgraded)... so it's something like Slackware 9.1
(with pieces upgraded to 11.0)... still on a 2.4 kernel :D

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent