[mythtv-users] 2 Channel Audio Not Working-- Help

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 06:02:23 UTC 2008

What I always recommend, and has worked for several people is to
rename or delete asound.conf and .asoundrc.  Set the passthrough
device to ALSA:iec958:{ AES0 0x02 } and the audio output device to
ALSA:spdif.  If you are running Fedora, get rid of Pulse Audio (not
trivial apparently).  Turn on iec958 in alsamixer.

Allen