[mythtv-users] Transcoding doesn't change entry in DB...

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 22:28:36 UTC 2008

hi all,

i attempted to search the archives because i'm pretty sure i saw a
thread with a similar problem, but i wasn't able to find any answers.

i'm building a new MythBox to handle HD content.  it's not in
production yet (FE/BE Combo) because i'm waiting on some video driver
updates/stabilization, but it is currently recording via HDHR.  i am
quickly running out of space on it since i'm unable to watch anything
that i've recorded, so i'm playing with MythTranscode to remove
commercials and possibly slim down some of the shows that my son
watches over and over (Word World, Veggie Tales, Bob the Builder,
Thomas & Friends, etc).
MythTranscode seems to be working fine for me, but i'm not noticing
any space savings when i query the DB. i see the shows filesize in the
recorded table as the original size.
i'm currently running MythTranscode from the command line (sudo
mythtranscode -c <channel> -s <starttime> -l -m), checking the output
for sync issues, and then deleting the original recording.  it looks
like MythTranscode works with the DB according to some of the output,
but it doesn't seem to update the DB when done?  just curious as to
why that is.  is this a bug? oversight?  or do the filesizes in the DB
not really matter?

thanks!

--
Andrew Close