[mythtv-users] IMDB lookup fails in MythWeb 0.21

Steve Cliffe scliffe at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 03:23:29 UTC 2008

2008/3/31 Steve Cliffe <scliffe at gmail.com>

> On 19/03/2008, Michael Costa <mcosta1973 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It didn't work for me either originally.
>> The problem was in the imdb.php file.  The $imdb and $imdbwebtype
>> variables were not being set for some reason.  The hostname was set
>> correctly, but
>>     setting('web_video_imdb_path', hostname);
>> and
>>     setting('web_video_imdb_type', hostname);
>>
>> both returned nothing.  I manually checked those settings in the db and on
>> video settings page and they are entered correctly.  Not sure why the script
>> can't read those variables, so I just hard-coded the values that should be
>> there and the script worked fine after that.
>

> Thanks Michael - I had the same problem and resorted to your solution.
>
> Steve.

I recently did an update to the latest atrpm packages and it looks as though
this is still broken. Rather than just make the same change I dug a bit
deeper and discovered that while these two settings show up in the MythWeb
settings they weren't actually in the MySQL settings table.

I simply clicked on "Save" in MythWeb's settings and viola, they now appear
in the database and the IMDB button works.

Steve.