[mythtv-users] Getting this working should NOT be this hard!

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Fri Oct 17 02:48:37 UTC 2008

} > or where ever mythbuntu puts it.
} >
} Shouldn't that be a kernel thing, and therefore already be there?

its more of an OS thing, but they are associated with the card so the OS
wouldnt already have them. a google search for mythbuntu and the card should
come up with info on how/where to get and put the files.

} > this was caused by a poorly choosen interlacer when I had such a problem.
} >
} Where do I find the interlacer?  And what should I try setting it to?

in mythfrontend setup /setup / tv setup/ playback plus a few screens in.
as for what that is personal taste and hardware capability related.
kernel and linear are the 2 basic ones that work but may not always
look good. though there are other settings on the same screen +/-
that affect playback.

} >
} > } If I tune a firewire channel, I get a frozen picture followed by a
} > } message stating "You should have gotten a signal lock by now...".  No
} > } audio is heard at all.
} > }
} >
} > check to see if the tuner is actually connected to the firewire port
} > you told mythtv-setup it was.
} > /usr/X11R6/bin/plugreport
} > will help on that. baring that change the firewire settings to like 200mbps
} > and broadcast or some such thing in the setup. its been a while since Ive
} > done firewire but I remember doing these things.
} >
} >
} >
}