[mythtv-users] Serial-USB control of Directv H20

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 01:14:27 UTC 2008

I would have a similar issue with my old H12's a while ago.  Just
> unplugging the USB cable from the H12 side waiting a few seconds and
> plugging it back in fixed it for me.  Wasn't sure if you tried that or not.
>
> HTH,
> David

I tried that after my most recent freeze and it worked.  So perhaps the port
is going to sleep after some period of time.  I'm going to try setting up a
cron job with the get_channel command, perhaps that will act as keep alive.
Thanks
Dave