[mythtv-users] Question

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 17 00:32:59 UTC 2008

2008/10/16 Ralph Porter <rportermail at gmail.com>:
> I'm rebuilding my FC9 and MythTV from scratch as my last system is totally
> hosed up (learning process);
>
> Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue?  I'd rather not guess and wind
> up with a mess again.
>
> xmltv-0.5.51-76.1.fc9.noarch from atrpms has depsolving problems
>   --> Missing Dependency: perl(Lingua::Preferred) >= 0.2.4 is needed by
> package xmltv-0.5.51-76.1.fc9.noarch (atrpms)
>
> thanks in advance
>
> rp

Ralph

You're doing a yum update when you get this error?

Are you switching on ATRPMS repo on purpose?  (i.e. yum update
enablerepo=atrpms) or is it turned on by default
(/etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo) and a line in the file that says
enabled=1?

Firstly I'd turn off having atrpms by default (google "repo hell" to
read the many postings on the subject).

Either way try the following

yum update --disablerepo=atrpms

and let us know what you get.