[mythtv-users] Lost "Upcoming Recordings" [SOLVED]

Greg Hermsen g.hermy15 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 04:40:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Greg Hermsen <g.hermy15 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Greg Hermsen <g.hermy15 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Aaron Klein <klein.aaron at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> through
>>> have
>>> and
>>>  The
>>> pinpoint
>>> least
>>> something?

>>> because
>>> is a
>>>  The
>>> my

>>> page
>>> looked
>>> my
>>>  I'm

>>> Greg I can verify your issues.  I did a kernel update last night and
>>> lost my 1600 and my secondary backend became unavailable.  The issue
>>> was the mythtv-backend process was failing to run.  When I looked at
>>> the log entry I noticed it complained about the 1600 tuner not
>>> existing.  This reminded me I had to do Steps 1 and 2 of the Wiki page
>>> that you have linked.  Upon running Steps 1 and 2 and restarting the
>>> system things worked again as they should have.
>>>
>>> For me I suffer from having dropped frames on my first analog capture
>>> after a restart so I also scheduled a 'junk' recording to clear up
>>> that little bug.
>>>
>>> Below are the exact steps I took:
>>>
>>> sudo apt-get install mercurial linux-headers-$KERNEL_VERSION
>>> build-essential
>>>
>>> hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
>>>
>>> cd v4l-dvb
>>>
>>> make
>>>
>>> sudo make install
>>>
>>> sudo make unload
>>>
>>> sudo modprobe cx18
>>>
>>> wget http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/ivtv/firmware/cx18-firmware.tar.gz
>>>
>>> tar -xzvf cx18-firmware.tar.gz
>>>
>>> sudo cp cx18-firmware/*.fw /lib/firmware/$KERNEL_VERSION/
>>>
>>> sudo shutdown -r now
>>>

>> Thank you Aaron!!  I'll give it a shot tonight.
>>
>> When I followed the steps listed, I got the same errors that I did when I
> tried to update last night.
>
> When I ran:
>     hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
> I got the following:
>     abort: destination 'v4l-dvb' already exists
>
> When I ran:
>     sudo modprobe cx18
> I got the following:
>     FATAL: Module cx18 not found.
>
> I still do not have any channels listed and my upcoming recordings list is
> empty.  Do you have any ideas on what I need to do to compile my Hauppauge
> HVR-1600?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

I was getting the error because I needed to stop the backend (#
/etc/init.d/mythbackend).  When I did the following, the driver compiled and
everything started working.  Thanks for the help.
**********
**********
# /etc/init.d/mythbackend

sudo apt-get install mercurial linux-headers-$KERNEL_VERSION build-essential

sudo hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

cd v4l-dvb

sudo make

sudo make install