[mythtv-users] How often are mythtv releases made?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Oct 15 15:02:38 UTC 2008

On Oct 15, 2008, at 7:48 AM, nospam312 wrote:

>> The 'fixes' branch is updated almost daily, whenever fixes are
>> checked
>> in.  They're not associated with any mythtv release.
>
> The main problem in my opinion is the arbitary method that seems to be
> used when deciding what is too be put in the fixes branch?
>
> For example, Ticket 5265 is major fix from my point of view but for
> some reason it is not going in the fixes branch it has been changed to
> milestone 0.22.  This means I have to wait for the next major release
> for a fix that basically makes MythTV usable on a major TV network -
> until then MythTV does not work.
>
> Out of interest what cirtieria needs to be met to make the fixes
> release?

Generally speaking, if it's a bug fix and easily patches against 0.21,
it's applied to fixes. If it's a feature, it definitely does not get
applied to fixes. If it's a bug fix but relies on implementation of a
new feature to be applied, it does not get applied to fixes. I'm not
sure about the specific bug you cited. You'd have to contact Stuart
directly to ask why it was moved to 0.22 instead of backported to
fixes first.