[mythtv-users] Quicker scrolling

robbinsck1 at gmail.com robbinsck1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 04:26:54 UTC 2008

On Oct 14, 2008, at 6:40 PM, KH Chai wrote:

Hi All,

I was wondering how to set the remote control to do fast scrolling thru a long list of selection, for example to scroll thru all the available country in wwiTV list?  I wish I could just hold down the arrow key and it goes thru the listing.  The listing that I wanted is in selection “T” so I have to press the arrow each time starting from “A”.  I tried setting the repeat mode in ~/.lirc/mythtv to some number: 1,2,3,4,5,20,30 but none of these work.  I’m using Mythbuntu 8.04 with Hauppauge Nova-T 500 remote control.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try adding a repeat to the up down buttons in your lircrc file like this

Begin
Prog = mythtv
Button = down
Config = down
Repeat = 2
End
 Experiment with different numbers to get the best result. I think the lower the faster.