[mythtv-users] "NVP: prebuffering pause" "NVP::AddAudioData():p2: Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!" "WriteAudio: buffer underrun"

"José Tomás @ Chico" jose.tomas at chico.mine.nu
Tue Oct 14 21:22:13 UTC 2008

Hi!

Mike, thank you!
The issue is bad signal.

Q:Why does I say this?
A:If I connect directly to first provider cable outlet inside my house,
works fine, if I connect at my 5th outlet and last in row the issue occurs.
For those who doesn't know the signal between outlets drops the power,
portion dropping mainly depends in items connected to the outlets.
Provider only give us in a SLA manner an amount of signal. In my case
the signal has some channel frequencies with low quality, but with SLA
ok for the first outlet.

Now I believe that my tuner whit a chip saa7134 has his own contribution.
When you have digital, channel usually exists or don't, with non
digital, my case, we have the gray, not white nor black... blarg...
Probably saa7134 doesn't provides image or audio in a way mythtv can not
record or shall I say can not synchronize with.

Do you believe that this symptom should be reported on that page?

Mike, once more, thank you.

Tomás

*José Tomás*
Chico.mine.nu