[mythtv-users] Mythtv can't tune to any channels

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 10:14:21 UTC 2008

> Has anyone seen it where the tuner is working perfectly yet myth canot find
> any channels ?

I've not done a clean scan for a long time, but when I did (under 0.18
and 0.20) I had to manually enter some of the parameters for the
muliplex before mythtv would start the scan.

I think I just picked a channel at random and entered the Frequency
and other stuff that I looked up using dvbscan.  I don't know if this
was really necessary or whether it was just 'black magic', and of
course things might have changed now.

However myth would then generally find all the available channels (UK
freeview) from all the multiplexes.  Sometimes it would miss
multiplex, in which I would pick a channel from that one and repeat.

HTH